CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Random Thoughts

I am appauled that I haven't blogged since February. Life is so insane. I used to be such a good journal writer and now I find myself not recording my thoughts and I wonder if it's effecting my soul. Life is all about balance and I've been working so hard to try to find it.

I have a new job. I work at a charter High School in their library. I love it. It is a leadership school that focuses building students who read, write and think. Do we really learn how to think in school? It's amazing to see some of these kids and the difference they are making. We even have a kid who has submitted something to Intel and they are looking at manufacturing it. The faculty is so upbeat. Many of them eat really healthy and have a very active lifestyle. The faculty room conversation is so different from the other schools I've worked at. These people are incredibly intelligent and fun to be with. I feel very blessed to be there.

It has it's challenges. For the first time in my life I have an assistant. I've never had an assistant before. I'm learning a whole new aspect of being a leader. I also am frustrated because I don't have 40,000 dollars to spend on books like I did at my other school. This library is more pitiful than Canyon Rim and I'm surprised that it's even possible. I'm trying to find a way to bring more money to the library. Any suggestions?

I'm also back at Utah State getting my library endorsement. It has been very interesting being back at school, being a mom, wife, librarian and taxi driver. I feel so pulled in too many directions. You know it's bad when your poor kitchen floor hasn't been washed for a month. I love what I'm learning but find every extra moment I have taken up with homework. I have so much reading to do that I have a book in my purse, car, by the toilet, one by my bed, and wherever else it happens to fall. I think I'm going insane.

I do have one place that I truly love. I love my library that my cute husband built for me. I have all my books in one place it's heaven on earth. We also just finished our basement. Each of our 5 children now have their own room. That has made the dynamics of the house much more peaceful. I have a craft room. I am so spoiled. I painted it bright, fun colors and I just love being in there. My mom helped me hang up some of my favorite things on the wall and I just love it.

I was supposed to go visit my Grandma Sonntag tonight. I love being there and my sisters and mom where going. I was all set to go and Spencer came home from his dad's not feeling well. I was so bummed. I really wanted to spend time with everyone and even see my Aunt Patty whose in town. My sweet daughter made my lunch and tried to make me feel better. I'm so blessed to have her. She is my salvation.

I have a town house that I bought 2 years ago in August. I was single at the time and wanting my own space. I worked hard and learned a lot buying this property. Well little did I know that I met Gearold around that time and fell in love. 7 people don't fit in a 3 bedroom condo and so we've been renting it out. I never thought about some of the things you have to think about when you are a landlord. It's making me crazy. DO YOU KNOW ANYONE LOOKING TO RENT A FABULOUS CONDO. LET ME KNOW IF YOU DO.

I just have a little bit going on in my life and you wonder why I'm not in the looney bin yet.
I have so much to be thankful for. I just need to remember the tender mercies of the Lord and not get so overwhelmed. Easier said than done.

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Em you are amazing. You know what to do you always do. LOVE YOU!

Laurie said...

Em, if anyone can handle this It is you. You are incredible and I do love you. I am a bit jealous of your big space also. NOw you have no excuse but to create. Love you

Mylissa said...

You are one incredible woman! You have always acomplished amazing things, and can do anything you set you mind to. I miss and love you!

WonderKitty said...

So glad to see you blogging againg! I almost gave up on you.

I know how you feel with all the stress. Too many things going on at once. I need a good week with nothing to do. I am jealous of your craft room.

I hope Spencer is feeling better!