CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 15, 2009

"Mom I want my hair "turley!"






When Kristin was little she loved dressing up all fancy and wearing her hair curly. We would put her hair in spongey rollers and she would sleep on them. She had a hard time saying her “C’s” when she was little and so she would say to me, “Mom, I want my hair turley.” How cute is that.
Well lately, my daughter has felt really grown up to me. She is already stealing my clothes, and especially my earrings and socks. We got her ears pierced on her birthday and she has been very responsible and loves having earrings. She is a dangly girl. All the earrings she wears all the time are dangly.
She is also going through the I want to be a teenager but I’m only ten. Why is my hair doing these weird things and why is my body starting to put off interesting odors. I was talking to my sister Lou about it and she said that she remembers taking maybe 2 showers when she was in 5th grade. Don’t we all love that stage of life.
Well her Aunt Mimi cut her hair last week. She had grown it out for the Nutcracker so we could wear it in a bun and she just needed some life back into it. She asked her aunt if she could get a perm. A PERM. A PERM. A PERM. That’s only something you ask for when you get big. What is my daughter doing asking for a perm that means she’s growing up. She claimed that she wants her hair to be curly all the time. So, here I am at Mimi’s hair salon watching my daughter get a perm.
It brings back memories. When I got my first perm it was 4th grade. My mom took me to a beauty school on Evergreen Ave. I remember it taking forever. The girl who did it took forever to roll my hair. Then I think she let it sit too long because I looked like Tina Turner. My hair was fried and very afro. My 4th grade pictures were a sight to behold. They definitely rival my 8th grade photo. I think that was the all time worst. When I was in high school I got another perm, it was a spiral perm the new thing and my curly hair never when away. I love having naturally curly hair. It can be such a blessing when you just want to wash and go. So, many girls wish they could have my thick curly hair. I have my parents to thank for my luscious locks. Thanks mom and dad.
So, here is my salute to curly hair, to perms, to my daughter Noodle who I love with all my heart even if she has a tender head. I love her hugs. I love her blue eyes, after all everyone loves a blue eyed girl. I love her snuggles. I love chatting with her in her bed right before we go to sleep. I love her tender heart and her big smile. I love you Kristin Jeanne.

5 comments:

WonderKitty said...

That is so grown up of Kristin. I have wanted a perm a couple times in my life, but I have never actually done it. I like the photos,and I would like to see it whe she has it done on a normal day.

CTuna's Cavern said...

I've always had curly hair and then Emilee pulled half of it out when she was young. Kristin watch out for your mother. Hee hee

Mimi said...

Ahh what a day! I will remember that day cute Kristin. I just pray that her hair goes turly Like ours did :)

AubGoofy said...

Kristin is growing up so fast. I remember living in the basement when we first got married and Kristin always knocking at the door at the bottom of the stairs wanting to come and be with Danny and me. Kristin is such an amazing young girl. And for sure a big heart.

AMIT said...

So lovely pictures.

data entry india