CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 30, 2010

I Believe


Tonight my kids are with their dad and my sweet husband is at boy's night out with my brother and brother in laws. My sister's were in the mood to be home bodies and so I went to the temple.

Have you ever felt stuck in life. Like your pedaling a million miles an hour and not getting where you want to go. I was speaking to a dear lady yesterday and she opened something up for me that I didn't think was holding me back. I need to forgive someone for something specific. It makes so much sense to me because I can't move forward and my spirit knew it.

It's funny I don't think I realize how much I need the temple until I get there. I have been evaluating life and looking at things from a long term perspective. There are days I get overwhelmed trying to figure everything out. I went into the chapel and the organist must have known the songs I needed to hear all my favorites, Be Still my Soul, More Holiness Give Me, etc. Those songs speak to my soul. There is a special spirit in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple that I cannot explain. There were 2 couples from my ward there. Last time I went there was another couple from my ward there. What are the chances of that. I made me miss my hubbie and I wished he was there. I realize I have to be patient with his path and it's ok, but hea I still missed him.

All I can say is that being in the temple tonight I realized more than ever the power that the priesthood has in our lives. It completely overwhelmed me tonight and I felt love from those here and those beyond the veil. LIfe sucks sometimes but we are so blessed to have the power of the priesthood to give us all the strength we need to carry on. I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and the power it can give us to heal our hearts.

Thank you Heavenly Father for the reminder. I love you.

4 comments:

WonderKitty said...

I know how you feel Em. I seem to never know what I need til it is given to me. Also, I don't make it to the temple all that often, and I know I need to go more. I have never been to the new temple, and I feel like I am missing out.

bugzzwife said...

Lena we should plan to go together. I would love that.

Mimi said...

alGlad I felt like doing nothing that night and I mean I did NOTHING it was wonderful. See heavenly father knew you need to go to the temple. Glad I could help....Oh and guess what Im going to DISNEYLAND!!!!

AMIT said...

Great but you all should go together.

data entry india